Explore the fantastic Chittering Valley and the Magnificant Wildflower Carpeting the Landscape
The best time of year to come to see the Perth Wildflowers is between August and November.
Come and enjoy one of Western Australia’s Wildflowers on an easy day tour from Perth on a relaxed and friendly day tour.
Wildflowers of the Chittering and Avon Valleys
Join WA Wildflower expert Ann Newman as we explore the wildflowers of the Avon and Chittering Valleys, just a short scenic drive from Perth.
Western Australia has the world’s largest concentration of wildflowers but you don’t need to travel too far to see them. Luckily for Perth residents the months of August, September and October see some of the best wildflower profusions right on our doorstep.
Pickup from Perth Train Station or Crown Resort (free parking at Crown Resort)
Air-conditioned comfortable, small-group buses with wildflower expert.
Relaxing morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea included in your tour
Highlights of the tour:
- Wildflower Expert – You will be led by a local expert and wildflower lover, Ann Newman, who will provide insightful knowledge and stories
- Wildflower Spotting – Explore the WA countryside as you and your guide get up close to some of WA’s most beautiful wildflowers
- Morning Tea – Following the initial drive out of Perth you will get to stretch your legs as morning tea is served in the heart of the Chittering Valley
- Lunch – Enjoy lunch with tea/coffee at a restaurant in the heart of the Avon Valley
- Afternoon tea – At the end of a great day you will get to enjoy afternoon tea
- Scenic Drives – Just a short distance out of Perth you will drive through stunning WA countryside. Drive north along the base of the Darling Scarp into the Chittering Valley and onwards to the Avon Valley, returning through the Perth Hills.
The exact itinerary of the tour will not be known until the week before the tour, this is due to wildflower profusions being dependant on the weather conditions in the weeks and months leading up to the wildflower season.
Your wildflower expert, Ann Newman, will be out checking for the best spots in the days and weeks before the tour to make sure they know where to take you.
Wildflowers that can often be seen in the Perth surrounds:
- Woolly Head;
- Blue Devil;
- Pepper and Salt;
- Purple Flag;
- Pink Rainbow;
- Pink Enamel Orchid;
- Sun Orchids;
- Donkey Orchids;
- Lemon Scented Darwinia;
- And many many more…
Please note that sightings of specific wildflowers cannot be guaranteed but you will get to see a wide variety of different wildflowers
BOOK A PRIVATE CHARTER WILDFLOWER TOUR
Get a group of friends, family, colleagues or club members together for a fantastic private charter trip to see some of WA’s amazing wildflowers.
We can take you to the wildflower destination of your choice from the Chittering Valley, Perth Hills, Peel region and more. Simply let us know where you would like to go when you send in your quotation request.
Lunch and morning tea will be included in your final price.
Perth’s Wildflower Season
From June to November, WA flora comes alive with a blaze of brilliant colours and lush scents. A remarkable 12,000 plant species carpet the state and over 60% of these species are not found anywhere else in the world.
Learn more about Wildflowers in Western Australia
- Find out our pick of the Top Spots to see Wildflowers near Perth
- If you would like to know more about the Wildflowers of Western Australia you can head to the website of ‘The Wildflower Society of Western Australia’.
- For more information about Wildflowers that can be found in the Perth Hills click here and choose the time of year that you would like to visit Perth.